Carbon County Economic Development Corporation
215 W. Buffalo Street, Suite 304
Rawlins, WY 82301
Cindy Wallace, Executive Director
WELCOME to the Carbon County Economic Development Corporation (CCEDC) and Carbon County, Wyoming! In addition to supporting our mission of developing economic opportunities in Carbon County that will build stable communities for future generations, our website is designed to be a major link of information to other organizations and services throughout the county.
OPPORTUNITY is knocking in Carbon County! The CCEDC is committed to assisting any new or existing business in finding opportunities of prosperity, and will partner with individuals, businesses, and governments -- locally and throughout the region -- to build capacity of the entrepreneurial spirit. Please have a look through our website for information about Carbon County and the State of Wyoming. We also invite you to become an investor in our "Moving Forward Together" initiative, our 5-year economic development program aimed at bringing in 200 new higher-paying jobs to Carbon County.
Carbon County, located in the south central part of Wyoming has a population of 15,854 (2014 July 1 estimate). The south part of the county borders Colorado. The total land area is 7,896 square miles making it the third largest county in the state. Rawlins is the county seat with a population of 9,227. Carbon County is named for the coal beds located in the area.
CCEDC serves the following communities:
If you have any questions about how CCEDC can help you find OPPORTUNITY in Carbon County Wyoming, please call 307-324-3836, or use our online contact form. Also check out our upcoming happenings and events below!
Thank you and we look forward to working with you!
Cindy Wallace, Executive Director
- NJRCEV Buys 6.3 MW Medicine Bow Wind Farm- Project consists of nine fully operational Vestas turbines near Medicine Bow, WY - North American Windpower magazine- Nov, 2016 issue
- Election Results: President- Donald Trump, U.S House Representative Liz Cheney. State House District 47- Jerry Paxton; State House District 15 - Don Burkhart and County Commissioners remained with the incumbents- John Espy, Sue Jones and Lindy Glode. To see the full list of election results across Carbon County go to carbonwy.com.
- Congratulations to Rawlins DDA/Main Street for winning the 2015 Great American Main Street Award! It's the first community in the Rocky Mountain Region to ever receive this honor!
- Union Wireless, 2300 W Spruce, Rawlins now open for business - Still looking for coffee shop opportunity in other half.
Calendar & Events:
- CCEDC Board meeting first Monday of every month at 5 PM.
- December 5, 2016 -CCEDC Annual Meeting and Board meeting - 5PM. Carbon Mercantile Co, 414 W. Cedar, Rawlins, WY. Featured speaker: Rob Godby, Associate Professor and Director, Univ. of Wyoming Center for Energy Economics and Public Policy - "Wyoming Wind Study" sponsored by CCEDC and the Wyoming Business Council. RSVP by noon Dec. 5th to the CCEDC office.
- December 1 - 3:00 PM - Leadership Carbon County committee meeting; CCHEC building.
Join CCEDC in Our "Moving Forward Together" Program
The goal of the 5-year program with public/private partnerships is to raise up to $750,000.
Learn more about our revitalization efforts and help us reach our goal!